Monday, September 28, 2009

good luck

While walking in the beautiful city of Rosario I came across one gorgeous girl and one sabotaging bird. That's right.. Sabotaging bird. She was cute and alone sitting on a bench in the park and I was standing at the corner debating whether or not I should go up to her and ask if I was going the right way to the river. I was getting nervous just thinking about it so I decided I was going to walk away until she looked up an smiled. I then cleared my throat and was practicing what I was going to ask in my head. The truth is, I do this in English, but Spanish is even worse..

¿Qué tal? ¿Dónde está el río?"
¿Qué tal? ¿Dónde está el río?"
¿Qué tal? ¿Dónde está el río?"


And then I felt something on my face. Bird shit. More like pterodactyl, large flying thing in the sky, shit.. This seagreen & white toothpaste colored poop somehow managed to fall right between my eyes and roll down my nose. The street had loads of folks causally strolling down the boulevard, the sky was absent of everything, and I was on the way to practice my Mississippi backwoods Spanish with a pretty girl until the diarrhea bird came along and ruined everything! I'm not sure if the girl on bench saw exactly what had happened since the poop blindsided me. I immediately raised my hand in one swift ninja motion, wiped it off my face with my sleeve, and continued walking like nothing ever happened hoping that it is true what they say about birds pooping on you-- it means good luck--- and I'm gonna need it real soon. Just checked my bank account.. Now that's a funny sight to see....

No comments:

Post a Comment