Thursday, September 24, 2009

This is what I've been doing with my life..

wasting it away here







For the past 5 days I've been in Cafayete, Argentina. The Mendoza of the north, this beautiful little wine country is a place I gleefully did nothing in but drink wine and eat empanadas. It is the only place in the world where the Torrontes grape is grown, a grape used to make the most refreshing & well-rounded white wine I've ever tasted. The Bonardo grape is also grown in Cafayete. I bought a case of both of them from Nanni--the oldest bodega in Cafayete, as well as the only organic winery in the region. During a wine tour I was told that the US imports 60% of the wine from Cafayete while they keep the rest. The difference in buying it here as opposed to the States is that it is about $30 bucks cheaper:)

No comments:

Post a Comment