Friday, November 27, 2009

The rain hits the ground in the key of G-minor

At a new place.

It is with a boy and his family in a house across the street from the railroad tracks.

The sky is a purple cough.

Today I took a walk and got rain in my hair. After the lightning lit up the sidewalk I couldn`t help but wonder if the thunder is God`s trombone player?

Up and down city streets and in and out of subways people are moving as quickly as they can to get away from someplace and closer to somewhere else

You may leave from many of places but you cannot leave yourself
I`m learning this.

As the rain hits the ground in a soft death
I notice that some things never change regardless of where you find yourself

Dogs will always sniff strangers.
Babies pee on themselves.
All roses have thorns.
People run for cover in rainstorms.

There are mysteries all around.
Even the explainable has something unfound

that we will never know everything
because if we did we wouldn't learn anything after now

So smile in the silence spent with strangers
grow a garden with fallen stars
dance with your shadow

The sky may be a purple cough and the people may be running for shelter
but I'm gonna make a duet with the thunder

Im going to get the boy I'm staying with to come up to his balcony
so I can ask him,

"what is it about the rain that makes you afraid?"





No comments:

Post a Comment